Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gemma Chandelier Earrings

I love these earrings. I say that about many of my pieces, but it's true. I love the flow of these earrings. The dark, olive green is a beautiful compliment to the gold. The pearls add more depth and interest than would be there if they were just crystal alone. In addition to loving the look of this piece, I love the memory I have of making it.




One of my good friends was going to be a bridesmaid for her sister-in-law. She showed me a picture of her dress and asked me to create earrings and a necklace to match the dress. After showing her some drawings, we decided on this design. The ones I made for her were actually gold and mocha brown. I loved the design so much, I made them with green and gold too.


The main earring finding is a gold vermeil circle with tiny dots that create a design. I added to that round Swarovski crystals, Swarovski pearls, and gold-filled beads to create the length. All components are attached with gold filled wire. I finished the piece by attaching gold filled fish hook wire. I have gotten many compliments on these earrings, and so has my friend.

No comments: