Friday, March 27, 2009

Feature Friday: Crystalyn Kae

There are so many incredible artists out there I wanted to start a feature to showcase some of their talent. (I try to not make it all me, all the time!) Most of these artists are people I have met or found online. I think handmade can use all the applause it can get. So, without further ado, I give you this week's featured artist: Crystalyn Kae

I first found Crystaly Kae when looking for a green handbag. I have decided that I want something bright green for spring. Off to Etsy I went searching. This is the bag from CrystalynKae I found.

I love it! I love how it combines the two greens, has pleating with the pattern peaking through. I love that the print gives it just enough to create some interest but is not overwhelming.

A bit about the artist: Crystalyn lives in Seattle and got her BA in Apparel Design and Textiles from Washington State University. She makes gorgeous bags that are sold in boutiques around the country as well as on Etsy. Her style is a mix of classic with a sophisticated touch of modern in the details. It's apparent why she has been featured in many magazines. Here are a few more of her great bags. I wish I could afford one in every color! Go check out her Etsy shop if you haven't discovered her yet! You can also find her on her website.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for featuring my designs on your blog today! p.s. I am having a spring sale - My Metier tote is on sale for $99 (reg. $149) until April 15!
http://www.crystalynkae.com/m-tier-work-tote-c-43/