Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Show Considerations

As I've been seeking out shows to display at, I have found more shows than I can possibly attend. There seems to be a show almost every weekend. Not only do I not have the time to attend every one, but I don't have the financial resources either. In my effort to narrow down the ones that will be the most successful for me, here is a list of questions I have been asking the show curators.

1- What is you average customer attendence?
2- What is the demographic of your customers?
3- What are averagae show sales?
4- How many vendors will be at the show?
5- How many other jewelry vendors will be there?
6- What kind of marketing has been done for the show?
7- What is your checkout process? Each vendor does their own or one central checkout?
8- What is the booth fee and what does it cover?

Ideally, I would like to attend the show and get a feel for it before I commit to the booth fee. But that doesn't always happen. Are there other questions that you ask show curators to decide if the show is right for you? After all, good sales help everyone, the vendor and the curator.

1 comment:

Alison Kelley said...

Great questions Jessica! Thanks for sharing them, I myself am getting going on doing show and these are perfect!