Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Shows

Spring shows are starting up in full force. This is the first year I will be doing shows and I'm really excited to start! I have been noticing flyers pop up all over the place for various shows. So I have been contacting the boutique hosts as asking about vendor spots. I am late on many of them, but often the host has offered to keep me informed about later summer or fall shows. And that's a great start!

I also put in an application last week for an outdoor summer boutique . I'm still hoping to find someone to split the booth with (assuming I'm accepted). An outdoor show brings on a whole new set of challenges and supplies. I know I'm not fully prepared for that but there's no time like the present!

Indoor stuff I can handle. I have done several home parties and recently did a charity boutique. It's so fun being new, learning so much, and getting to know people in the circuit! My neighbor has been doing this for a while and has offered to help me out. Hurray! Since she is being so nice to me, you should stop by her shop and check her out. She makes cute hats, flowers, and bows.

1 comment:

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Jessica,
Your jewelry is beautiful. Glad I found your blog and thanks for stopping by mine. Most of my baskets are stained so silly me, I guess I didn't think about needing a complete after picture.
With regards to using Minwax on your furniture, did you wipe it off? I don't need to on my baskets because it soaks right in. Also, did you use the Minwax polyurathaine? I'm not familiar with the other Minwax lines, I only buy it in the yellow can and find that after 24 hours it is nice and dry on my baskets. Wish I could be of more help.
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com