Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Booth Setup

Last weekend I had a boutique show. I finally took some pictures of my setup and wanted to share it along with some tips.




This show provided tables and I had two narrow tables pushed together to make my table. I used bed risers to hoist up the back table to create the different heights. (I still use bed risers when I just have one table.) I try to create different heights using my display stands as well. I use two tablecloths, one that reaches the floor and hides my storage underneath, and the second that adds more depth and provides a backdrop to make my pieces pop. I also brought a lamp to add extra light to show off the sparkle of the crystal. I hung my banner off the front of my table, but I'm working on finding a better way to display it. Always bring a mirror!

During this show I was also paying attention to what pieces people looked at. Just based off this show, the pieces that were laying flat and upfront got the most attention. Even with different heights, the pieces hanging on the bar in the back got no attention. Because of this, I like to mix up where I place pieces for shows and sometimes even during the day at the same show. It's all about rotating the pieces so each one gets the attention it deserves.

1 comment:

Julie and Carlos said...

Jess, the booth looked good and I really liked the idea of using tables risers for the back table. The etsy sight is looking good too as you add pieces. I like the new hammered earrings. Keep it up!