Monday, April 20, 2009

New(ish) Project

I made this pendent a few weeks ago. It has been sitting on my work table every since starring up at me. It's been begging me to be turned into a necklace. But I'm just not sure I can do it. I'm not totally convinced I love it yet and I refuse to list something in my shop unless I love it. So tell me, is it worthy of my shop? Should I put it on a simple chain and call it good? Should I list it as a pendent, or not at all? These decisions are so hard!



Yes, I did just put it on an unfinished chain for that last pic. I wanted to see how it would look.
I made this off an artistic prompt about dreaming. I was trying to create something that looked like the night sky when it contains every shade of night. That time of night after the sun has gone down and the top of the sky is black, but as you look toward the horizon it's still a light blue from the day. This is what I came up with and I like the colors, how it fades from blue to purple to black. But I'm just not sure it I'm in love. Are you?

No comments: