Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Show Banner

I am finally done with my banner! I am so excited about how it turned out. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a big vinyl banner (even though that would be great). Instead I decided to create my own from cute paper and ribbon.

I used big scrapbook letters. The ones I got were actually unfinished so I painted them brown. Then I cut the shapes and attached it all together. I strung on string and tied ribbons between the letters. As I was standing back to admire, my husband walked in and asked "Aren't you going to put some gems on the Jessica's Gems banner?" I'm a little slow and had honestly not thought of that. What a brilliant (yet painfully obvious) suggestion. So on went some huge crystals to add a little bling. What do you think?



Yes, it is hung off my stairs so I could get a feel for how it will look hung. I plan to do mostly indoor shows, but do have one outdoor show planned. I'm concerned that a paper banner is not going to hold up so well in the elements. I guess we'll find out!

1 comment:

Almost Precious said...

Great banner...you did a wonderful job.